Coping, remaining alive and functional after a trauma
Check Your Map
Read Chapter 1 of “You Survived… Now What? A Road Map to Reclaiming Life” by Elizabeth Williams (Joy), MBA, LSW, LCDCIII (This should be your 2nd time reading this chapter)
Bathroom Break – Journal
Complete separate journal entries completing each of the following exercises from the book:
- Exercise 1 –Your trauma and secondary trauma(pg. 17)
- Exercise 2 – Your symptoms experienced (pg. 19)
- Exercise 3 –Your coping Mechanisms (pg. 21)
Trip Advice – Support Services
- Hang Out With The Locals – Healing Exchange
- Start attending Survivors To Alivers Healing Exchanges. Introduce yourself, observe and participate at whatever level is comfortable for you.
- Read and Post Reviews – Support-Tank
- Read the top post in “Answers and Questions” and Comment “Agree” on the “Aliver Rules” thread
- Post in the “Aliver Commitment” Topic Discussion
- Share your thoughts on the content of the Aliver Commitment you signed. What inspired you to begin the healing journey? What do you wish to gain?
Gas Up – Professional Support
- Review the journal entries you composed completing exercises 1-3 and come to your coaching session prepared to discuss thoughts and feelings you have about your experience of focusing on your past traumatic experiences.
- If at any point during your participation in coaching services it is deemed that your needs are beyond the scope of life coaching, you will be referred to counseling services.
- Counseling – If you are currently in counseling, continue to engage as directed. If your counselor is agreeable, speak with her/him regarding thoughts and feelings you have about your experience of focusing on your past traumatic experiences.